Affiliate and Referral links are used below to promote products I love and recommend. I receive a commission on any purchases made through these links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
Have you wondered if your child’s handwriting is age appropriate? Maybe you have a child who is struggling with handwriting and you don’t know what to do? Get 5 days of pre-writing and handwriting tips in my new FREE e-mail series.
5 Days of Pre-Writing And Handwriting Tips
In this free e-mail series we will take a look at the following topics:
- Gross motor skills and handwriting – a strong core and bilateral coordination are a must for handwriting.
- Fine motor skills and handwriting – which ones are important? what should you focus on to improve handwriting?
- Visual-motor skills and handwriting – what are visual-motor skills and what are some activities you can do to encourage it?
- Pre-writing skills and handwriting – what exactly are pre-writing skills? Why are they important?
- Handwriting tips and suggestions – just some basic suggestions for common problem areas to get you started.
This is not an exhaustive series. It would take so many LONG e-mails to cover everything. But I try to give you chunks of information that are easy to understand and get you started in the right direction. I also share a lot of resources for further reading and research on handwriting throughout the series.
Who is this Pre-writing and Handwriting e-mail series for?
This series is perfect for you if you could describe yourself in one of the following ways:
- A parent with a child entering Kindergarten (or preschool) and just wanting to be prepared.
- A parent who has a child who is struggling with handwriting (either at school or in a homeschool environment).
- A teacher who is looking for ways to support her students with handwriting in the classroom.
- A new Occupational therapist or new to pediatrics who are looking for techniques for working with handwriting in a pediatric setting.
- A seasoned therapist who is looking for research or resources to share with their parents or teachers.
Really, there is something for just about everyone who is a parent, teacher, or therapist working with preschool or school-age children!
So are you ready to get started?
All you need to do is enter your e-mail address below. You’ll get a welcome e-mail as soon as you confirm your subscription and you’ll be on your way. If you are a current subscriber who just wants to take the series, you can do that too! Your e-mail will not be added to my system twice, it will just simply add you to this list to get the series.
You’ll also want to check out two resources, Basics Shapes for Beginners and The Handwriting Book. These are both excellent resources for hands-on activity ideas for pre-writing skills and everything you need to know about handwriting.
For more resources on this topic, check out my suggested resources below.
- DIY Handwriting Kit
- 12 Functional Skills for Kids
- Fine Motor Skills Checklist for Ages 0-6
- Basics of Pre-Writing Activities and Skills for Kids