Affiliate and Referral links are used below to promote products I love and recommend. I receive a commission on any purchases made through these links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
It’s time for the letter M activities for our letter of the week tot-school series here on the blog. We also dealt with my daughter’s first ear infection right in the middle of this week so the activities were light and not as involved as I had planned. I am including some resources at the end so that you can add more activities to your week if you want.
For each week of tot-school that I plan with the letter of the week theme, I divide into 8 sections with one activity per section for the week:
- Practical Life
- Fine Motor
- Gross Motor
- Reading & Math
- Craft (typically themed with our Bible lesson)
Items Needed for Letter C Tot-School Week
Each week I use our Weekly Homeschool Planner pre-school pages to plan out the week and also list out the items I need for each week. Here are this week’s items:
- Tooth picks
- Handwriting Without Tears Wood Piece Set for Capital Letters with letter cards
- Little Letter M Book from The Measured Mom
- Pre-writing Motor Skills Set boards from Discount School Supply
- Mat Man body and hand, eyes, and nose cut outs (I used blue foam board) You can also purchase the blue HWT foam mat for the wood piece set.
- Montessori: Letter Work
- Get Set For School Sing Along CD from Handwriting Without Tears (song for Mat Man is track #8).
- Moon sand (home made recipe from Happy Hooligans)
- Prewriting motor skills set boards from Discount School Supply
You can also check out our daily tot-school routine as well as our Montessori inspired tot-school space.
Marshmallow Shapes for Fine Motor Skills
We got this ideas from The Preschool Journey ebook by Angela Thayer.
Moon Sand for Sensory Activity
I used the homemade cloud dough or “moon sand” recipe from Happy Hooligans with a little twist by adding essential oils.
Mat Man for Gross Motor Skills
Mat Man is always a favorite. I used the Handwriting Without Tears Wood Piece Set for Capital Letters, the blue mat for the wood pieces, and the Get Set for School Sing Along CD.
Mat Man is an amazing activity for combining gross motor skills, body orientation and also using the pre-writing lines to make the body. He is always a favorite with all the kids I use him with.
M Activities for Reading
We used the Little Letter M book from The Measured Mom for our reading this week. We also have the Montessori Letter Work book on hand for continued letter work.
Letter M Pre-Writing Work
We used our Prewriting motor skills set board from Discount School Supply and also the Handwriting Without Tears Wood Piece Set for Capital Letters.
More Resources for Tot-School Activities
Want to see a sneak peak of what we do each week? Follow me on Instagram and follow the hashtag #GrowHandsOnKids. I share our tot-school activities each week over there.